Pages

xx Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - your comments are all greatly appreciated xx

Thursday 23 January 2014

Would you care to dance?


My day started today, much the same as every other day.  I got up, went to work, (oops correction I did get showered and dressed in between as well), made myself a cup of tea and sat down to read Barbara's daily blog.  I love how she shows us step by step how her artwork is produced, don't you?

To my surprise there was my artwork, so I thought when I got in from work tonight I'd better create a blog showing you it and telling you how I created it.


I loved how Barbara referred to it in her comments as it looked like Laurel was throttling Douglas when in actual fact she is dancing with him.  Well that was my intention when I created the card anyway!

Materials used:
Stamp - Laurel
Stamp - Douglas
Stamp - Laurel hedge
Stamp - shard
Archival ink - coffee
Nestability - scalloped oval

Instructions
  1. Mask off the sections at the top and bottom of your card blank with low tack masking tape.
  2. Stamp the Laurel hedge, tessellating across the panel with coffee archival ink.
  3. Taking a make-up sponge drag the latte adirondack ink in around the edges of the masking tape, starting lightly and increasing the depth of colour.
  4. Colour in the leaves with a green promarker and remove the masking tape.
  5. Stamp the shard across the centre of your card blank using the coffee archival ink and colour in with promarkers.
  6. Stamp Laurel onto a separate piece of card using coffee archival ink.
  7. Create a mask by stamping Laurel onto the sticky end of a post it note and place over her.
  8. Stamp Douglas onto the card so that Laurel is draping her arms around him.
  9. Remove the mask and colour in both characters.
  10. Place the nestie over the top and die cut making sure that you avoid any limbs that are outside of the shape.  They won't be able to dance without a foot...
To cut a shape outside of a nestie, place the die onto the card and make a pencil line where the object will fall outside of the shape.  Remove the die and hand cut around the shape by hand extending it just slightly either side.  Place the die back in place but ensure that the piece that you have cut by hand is over the top of the nestie (to avoid being cut off) and then die cut as normal.




xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sazzle and yes I did laugh at Laurel trying to strangle Douglas....nearly the weekend....hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. And of course I love the stamps. I still have to get a Douglas. I love the colours you have used. xxx

    ReplyDelete

xx Thank you for all of your lovely comments xx