Pages

xx Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - your comments are all greatly appreciated xx

Sunday 8 December 2013

Chrysanthemum


Welcome to Sunday crafters!

I hope you're all safe after the horrendous weather this week in the UK.  Watching the news reports it must be horrendous for some people facing Christmas with the aftermath of a flooded home, it doesn't even bear thinking about does it?  My heart goes out to them.

On a lighter note I've got a card for you today that was shown on C&C to promote one of the new stamp and stencil sets from Clarity.  I chose to try the technique that Barbara herself discovered, which has brought a new use for a stencil.  If you want a step-by-step on how this technique is done please pop over to Barbara's blog.


Materials used:
Stencil - chrysanthemum (7"x7")
Archival ink - black
Coloured with promarkers

The trick with using fibres is to ensure that you have a really hot iron, a travel iron is perfect.  Another tip is to remember to cover the film and fibres with a sheet of wax or greaseproof paper so that the iron doesn't stick to them as it's a fairly lengthy job trying to get it off the iron.  I know because I've done it!!!



xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous love the colours you have used. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful….I love that yellow you used…xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sazzle...love the colour and the whole design...
    Have a great holiday... Hugs...Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture this technique gives. That has done it now. I am off upstairs with an empty Sainsburys box to empty the stuff on my desk into it so I can craft again. I want to have a go at this. Beautiful card. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete

xx Thank you for all of your lovely comments xx