Pages

xx Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - your comments are all greatly appreciated xx

Saturday 15 December 2012

Winter Chloe


This is a virtual post today as it's a busy weekend for me!  It's my partner Marks 50th birthday and he has no idea what I've got in store for him (mwah ha ha ha).  I can't say too much yet just in case he reads this but hopefully he'll like everything and if I remember I'll take some photos to show you all!

As you may know I love getting all inky and making this card was no exception.  To make the background for this card, in true crafting style, I was using the ink left on my splodgemat from another project so I didn't waste any!  I brayered it onto my card working around each edge into the centre, spritzed it with water, placed some creased cling film on and left it to dry before removing the cling film to reveal the mottled effect.  After adding the tree branches I then stamped the snowflakes using versamark and brushed with silver mica powder and with a quick spray of hairspray they were there to stay.  A quick flurry of glamour dust for the snow on the branches and a chance to play with my fluffy stuff and voila......


This card is a reminder for the challenge currently running over at A Gem of A Challenge where the theme is "Lavender and Lace".  Can you tell I had fun making this?


This digi stamp doesn't come sitting on the bench but she begs to be sat on something doesn't she?  So I masked her up and, using one of my other stamps, made somewhere for her to sit in the snow.

Materials used:
Digi - winter Chloe
Coloured with promarkers
Glamour dust - crystal
Stamp - tree
Mica powder - pearls
Background created using:
Adirondack ink - wild plum and denim
Krylon leafing pen - silver

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Papertake weekly - snow white
Stamping Sensations - treemendous
Try It On Tuesday - let's get inky
The Stamp Man - in the bleak mid winter
Stampin For The Weekend - let it snow



xx Happy crafting and glittery seasonal hugs xx

10 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Sazzle. I love the beautiful background you have created with those pretty colours and snowflakes. Such a cute image and coloured beautifully too.

    I hope you and your partner have a fabulous day, I am sure you will!I wish him a Happy Birthday.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card the image is adorable and I love the layout the colours are gorgeous. I hope you and your partner have a fabulous day whatever you have planned for him wish him a Happy Birthday. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is just stunning Sazzle love it......your work is always very unique! I hope you have a lovely day celebrating your partners birthday x








    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, sazzle, I like the effect of the ribbon looking like snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image, great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats just one gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super sweet Sazzle! Thanks for playing along at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card! Great masking :) Merry Christmas xox
    Tammy at Créations LaDiva :) xx

    P.S. I have some candy on my blog, you are more than welcome to join and thank you if you already have ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet! Great masking :) Merry Christmas xox
    Tammy at Créations LaDiva :) xx

    P.S. I have some candy on my blog, you are more than welcome to join and thank you if you already have ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

xx Thank you for all of your lovely comments xx