Pages

xx Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - your comments are all greatly appreciated xx

Friday 30 November 2012

Christmas Owl Tree


Yeah it's Friday again and I've got a long weekend this week.  I was off yesterday and I'm not going back to work until Tuesday!  I'm not really rubbing it in but I so need a rest and to start my Christmas shopping too...

I know I've been quiet over the last 2 weeks but I've been working on my Clarity samples for this weekends shows on Create and Craft.  Who's going to be watching?  I'm normally glued to the box on Clarity weekends and I try and fit a bit of craft in between the shows, oh and a bit of housework as well - yuck!


Anyway onto today's post.  We have a new challenge over at Fussy and Fancy and the theme of our new challenge is:


Well it just had to be a Christmas theme didn't it?  We've got to help you to get through that list of cards and presents you've got to get made haven't we?  If you want some inspiration why not pop over to the challenge blog to see what the Fussy and Fancy girls have made.

Here's my card for the challenge, I know it's not my usual style but I thought I would try a CAS card for a change using one of my new stamps from the NEC.  I also had to try my new embossing glitters from WOW and they certainly are WOW although trying to photograph the sparkly tree and avoid the glare on the glossy accents was almost impossible.


Materials used:
Coloured with promarkers
WOW embossing glitter - glamour green
Distress ink - bundled sage

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

I Love Promarkers - anything goes
Passion for Promarkers - distressing
Whimsy Stamps - traditional Xmas colours
Creative Inspirations - traditional Xmas colours - TOP 3
Little Claire's - Christmas - TOP 3
Divas By Design - glitter & sparkle
Paper Shelter - Christmas
Corrosive Challenge - anything goes
Dream Valley - non traditional Xmas



xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

21 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card, wish I could see it in the flesh because I bet it really sparkles, love the owls with the glossy accents. Am I the only person who does not watch Create and Craft TV. I think I must start trying to record a bit of it
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous I love the owl tree and the glossy accents over the top looks fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this, Sazzle! The owls are so cute, and I love the glossiness... and that tree is just lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, I love the image and fabulous design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is soooo cute, i love the image i really must try to make a border the way you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sazzle. I love that owl tree. The use of the glossy accents looks so effective and the snowflake frame is so beautiful.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable creation Sazzle!! :) LOVE your glittery tree and those shinny owls are just too cute!! Such a beautiful job for this challenge!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just fab Sazzle, such fun! Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this image and how you've made such a wonderful CAS card with it!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I ADORE this! I love owls. The glittery tree came out fabulous. The snowflaks and shaped edges really help it stand out. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I love it. It certainly has wow factor. Great card. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous card, love the owls. Thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Stamps!
    Kim – Digital Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love this Sazzle, gorgeous image and design. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps, good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your card and your coloring is fab! i love the image by the way! Thanks a lot for entering the challenge at Passion for ProMarkers:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sazzle, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our "distressing" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, I love all your little owls in the tree Sazzle, gorgeous card...how cute is that..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable card - I NEED those owls. Heh.

    Thanks for joining us over at Passion for ProMarkers for our 'Distressing' challenge. Good luck.

    xo, Lou Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like the style of this card and thanks for joining us this week at Creative inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the owl tree, so cute! What a fab CAS Christmas card! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card - this has been one of my favourite LC Christmas designs from this year too.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

xx Thank you for all of your lovely comments xx